California Lawyer Stopping Wage Garnishment
If you cannot make timely payments on your debt, creditors may start wage garnishments or tax liens. An experienced lawyer can help you take action to stop wage garnishment.
At the Ercolani Law Group we have been helping people get the debt relief they deserve.
If you want to stop wage garnishment and tax liens, you do have options. When you file for bankruptcy, you will receive an automatic stay, which will immediately stop any wage garnishment actions by your creditors.
When you owe money to a creditor, they may take legal action. Your creditors may get a judgment against you in state court. By law, a creditor who obtains a judgment against you can garnish up to 25 percent of your income after any taxes and Social Security deductions have been taken out.
Wage Garnishment Elimination Options
The most effective way to prevent or halt wage garnishments can be through the filing of Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection. Bankruptcy protection includes an immediate “automatic stay” which prevents creditors from taking your wages after receiving notice of your bankruptcy filing. We are prepared to help by:
- Meeting with you to determine which bankruptcy option, if any, will work best for you
- Filing your bankruptcy documents and managing your entire bankruptcy process
- Faxing a notice to the garnishing creditor’s attorney demanding a halt to wage garnishment
- Suing noncompliant creditors
We can work to halt wage garnishment for a broad range of debt. Are your wages being garnished for:
- Hospital/health care debt?
- Credit card debt?
- Mortgage debt?
- A deficiency balance on a car?
- A signature loan or consolidation loan?
- Showing up at your door
- Using profanity or abusive language
- Making threats to induce payments
Call Us Today for an Appointment – Free Consultation with a Bankruptcy Lawyer
Filing for bankruptcy can end wage garnishment and help you get the debt relief you need. To find out more, call and set up an appointment with our office. We are located near the 101 Ventura Freeway in Westlake Village just a short drive from Simi Valley, Calabasas or Oxard. Call us at 805-338-6880 or email us.